There are a number of kinds of writing that we do not work on, including:
- writing in languages other than English,
- creative writing (e.g., fiction, poetry), and
- professional writing (e.g., legal writing, business writing).
Please note that we do not offer the following services:
- proofreading and/or copyediting, and
- preparation for standardized tests (e.g., TOEFL, TOEIC, GRE).
Our rule of thumb is to focus on English academic writing that provides an argument or presents an interpretation. We understand the terms ‘argument’ and ‘interpretation’ in a broad sense that applies to work across the liberal arts and sciences.
If students ask us to work on something that does not fit what we do, we will end the consultation and, if possible, direct students towards some helpful resources elsewhere.